Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yea Team!

We did it! We walked our five miles, and the last time I checked the website Team Brock and Brody had raised over a $1,ooo for the March of Dimes Walk for Babies. I'm pretty sure we really walked at least 6 miles, because it seemed like an awfully long way when we realized we were just at the starting gate! A 70% chance of rain held off, and we had a cloudy, cool, & breezy walk. Thank you, Lord! We had a wonderful time just being together, and knowing we were helping a good cause at the same time! I am so proud of everyone who walked in spite of obstacles that could've easily held them back. The children did great - in & out of their strollers. Jack and Riley occasionally jogging, Macy, the birthday girl, scootering along, Sam patiently riding & riding & riding even though his naptime had come & gone, Reid taking care of Avery as she took a little nap while strolling along. I worried about Christine walking, and we took a lawn chair hanging on the stroller in case she needed it, but she walked the entire way! It was me with the nauseous migraine on the way home, borrowing her nausea medicine! And thank goodness she had it!!! Even so, it was a great weekend & I'm so glad we were able to join our sweet team captain, Ashley & our first annual? Team Brock & Brody! Thanks to everyone who supported us in any way! You are part of the team, too! Yea team!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better! It was a great weekend, and I am glad we got to do that together with our wee ones!
Hugs!

Lynn said...

It was more fun than I ever could have imagined walking five miles would be. And I am actually not sore at all. I guess that 17 flight run down the Hilton stairs I did a month back helped loosen up everything! Literally.