Friday, April 18, 2008

Go Team Brock & Brody!


Next weekend I am so blessed to be joining my sweet niece, her husband, and precious daughter in the March of Dimes walk in Houston. We walk to honor their precious twins, Brock & Brody, who were born just a little over 4 years ago. They came into this world just a little too soon, and soon were safe in the arms of Jesus. We'll never forget the mark they made on our hearts and on this world in their short time on this earth. We all wish they could be here to play with all of us - but we find enormous comfort knowing they are in Heaven and we will join them there someday. I often think of my Granny Price, who loved babies so much, doting on them there. That would truly be heaven to her! We will have a grand family reunion one day with all of those who have gone before, and introducing them to those who have joined our family since. I look forward to that day, thanks to the blessed assurance offered me in Christ.


I also walk to show my gratitude for the amazing care my own grandsons, who were both born prematurely, received. They are now happy, healthy little boys. Often God answers prayers through doctors, nurses, and medical breakthroughs. We pray that more medical breakthroughs will come through the research done by the March of Dimes, and more and more babies will grow into happy, healthy children.


I'm looking forward to a roadtrip, where I will join my niece's family, my sister, other nieces, & friends. You can read more about the march on their blogs -- Ashley A., Lynn, Christine, & Mindy -- all on the links to the right. They have links, if you want to contribute to the walk, but most of all keep us all in your prayers! God bless the babies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a blessing it will be to do this together! I thank God that you are my friend and that through you, I have found a friend in Lynn. This is such an important event and I am proud that we are doing it together. And let's not forget the comic relief we will surely provide to others as we attempt to walk 5 miles...especially when my long distance walks pretty much include walking from my desk to the coke machine!!!
Can't wait!!! Hugs!

Lynn said...

I think we have to wear tennies not flip flops. Just a heads up. Can't wait to see you...love you mucho!!!!!