Friday, April 4, 2008

The Sassy Girls

These are the Sassy Girls. They're a little like the Ya Ya's. The number they are holding up is their official Sassy Girl number. Most of them have been best buddies since kindergarten. A couple of them are about to graduate and head off to college, and the other four will be seniors next year. Like sisters, they might pick at each other, but nobody else better mess with them. Last week one of them got in some trouble and was called in to the office. I'm not going say much about that, but just that it wasn't Whitney so her aunts, cousins, & nana can take a deep breath now. The girl was called into the office, she very honestly admitted her mistake, and in a very harsh punishment was kicked off the cheerleading squad for next year. To show their support, and that they believed their friend was treated very unfairly, the other three (including Whitney) went in the office yesterday and resigned as cheerleaders for next year. They have until Monday to change their minds, but I don't think they will. I have very mixed feelings about all of this. I've really never been the typical Texas cheerleader mother, but I just don't want them to regret giving up their last year of cheering together. I'm also proud of them for taking a difficult stand, and for being loyal friends. So, say a little prayer for Whit and the Sassies to know that they are doing the right thing. And throw up a little prayer for the principal's heart to soften while you're at it! Drama, drama, drama! I'll keep you posted! Thanks!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

OMG....there is always drama going on for sure. I am praying for them all. I am like you and hope that Whit doesn't regret a hasty decision. Does their friend want / expect them to do this? Will their stand prove anything? Will it make a difference for someone else later? Love you. Call if you need!

Unknown said...

Taking a stand...such a difficult decision. I am going to pray for these girls. I think it takes a special kind of friend to give up something they love for another friend. I, too, pray they don't regret their decision, however, I am reminded of the verse..."greater love hath no man than when he lays his life down for his friend". I pray that the Lord will soften hearts and that grace and mercy will be extended to this girl, just as our Father extends it to us each and every day.
Hugs!

christine pinson said...

I am proud of Whit, and I just hope that ALOT of hearts can be softened through all of this! Like you said, drama drama drama! They may not see the fruit of what they have done immediately, unfortunately...but maybe in the future people will think about it and at least learn to be FAIR and equal in their discipline!
I will miss seeing Whitney cheer, but she has lots of fun memories and is about to take a step into a whole new world of drama...college! She's going to have so much fun and I am sure we will just continue to be proud of her!

Brooks Inc. said...

Without knowing the story...but knowing the quality of girl Whitney is...I, too, am proud of her. I am hoping today went well and praying about it as well.

I loved looking at her JR/Sr pictures...She did look gorgeous! I smiled about the brothers taking 30 minutes vs. Whitney's 2 days. We found out last week we are expecting a girl...so easy to imagine the difference we will experience after reading this...We look forward to everyone of them!

Blessings to you and your sweet family!

Becky