Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's Me, It's Me, It's Me, Oh Lord!

Yes, here we are again standing in the need of prayer! Christine had to go in the hospital again last Wednesday. She is having a really rough time, so please pray for her & that all the tests she is being put through will reveal the answers that lead to wellness!!! I think I have spent a lot of my life taking my health totally for granted! The last 5 or 6 years have shown me what a gift it is to enjoy good health! She has suffered so much & missed out on so much, too. Her grandfather is in the same hospital recovering from major heart surgery last week! And her dad is also struggling with his health & having serious heart problems, too. Needless to say, her whole family needs your prayers! I hate watching everyone struggle so much, and feel so helpless in wanting it to all be OK! But we know God is in control, He knows us inside & out, and is our Great Physician. I pray He will highlight the problem with a neon highlighter to the doctors as they do tests this week on Christine.

I believe God's Word is the best medicine. "They are life to all who find them, and health to all their flesh." Prov. 4:22. One of my favorite healing scriptures is found in Psalm 103:2-5. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness, and tender mercies, who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagles." Wouldn't that be a great testimony!? What are some of your favorite healing scriptures?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I so enjoyed seeing you and your precious family this Mother's Day weekend! The only thing that would have made it that much sweeter was to see Christine there. My heart hurt to see her sweet babies there and for her to be stuck in a hospital bed. Please know we're praying for each of you and ultimatley for God's deliverance and healing of whatever is causing your beautiful daughter-in-law so much anguish. Here are some verses from Psalm 6 that brought me solace and encouragement a couple years back: "Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?...The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer." Psalm 6:2-3,9 I thought Rick Atchley's message was so perfect Sunday, encouraging us to celebrate the joy of the journey even when life gives us lemons and detours; He's still, even then, full of mercy and love. LOVE you!