Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lemonade Anyone?

They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I hope this won't be too tart! I'll try not to forget to add some sweetener!

Today makes one week for this hospital stay for Christine. 8 days if you count the day at the ER. About 10 days, I think, of having trouble keeping anything down & hurting more than anything seems to help. I'm afraid that we still have more questions than answers, and more tests to do. About a year and a half of being in and out of the hospital. Close to 9 months of being in the hospital if you add it all together. I feel so bad for her. Please pray for her. All we want is normal. Just normal. Normal is something to be grateful for, but something we often don't acknowledge until we lose it. Does anyone know anything about the hospital in Florida that specializes in adhesions? I mean more than we can read on the internet. Like know someone who has been there or anything? Good reports, bad reports? It might be something to look into if it is a reputable place.

Pray for Matt, too. It is hard to balance time at the hospital, do a good job at work, be a daddy to some boys who are missing Mommy & Daddy. He has a heavy weight on his shoulders right now.

Pray for the boys. They are seeming a little like I feel after a week's vacation. We've had some fun, but they just miss home. Mommy, Daddy, their own beds & toys. We go over there some during the day, and last night Matt took them home & they enjoyed some Daddy time & slept at home. We make some short hospital visits. After Mommy's bed has had a few adjustments, we've checked out the vending machines, nursery, elevators, etc. that's about time to go.

One thing I always enjoy when the boys are with me are the funny things they say. Well, Jack says, all Sam says is hi dah & holds his hand up. Its very cute. The other night we were reading bedtime stories & Jack was running back and forth to the bedroom to get more books, which are almost out of his reach. He decided to get the bible story book, which was a little heavy as well as a little high. I heard him yell, help, help, help me Giggi. I need help with the true word of God. Paw Paw & I had a good laugh.

Sam is crawling on all fours now. He is amazingly fast. Yes, that little tiny baby can move. He is determined to get to Pokey, who is no longer a puppy but a grouchy old dog, at least as far as hospitality is concerned. Pokey & I are determined Sam will not get to her. How much time can a dog spend in the utility room? Alot.

Sam has learned to operate the walker during this stay, at least on the wood floors. Once again, he is fast. The other night Whitney & Elliot were pushing him back and forth, and jumping around him. I was like, be careful, and Sam was cackling. He thought it was hilarious.

Only a couple more weeks of school. Hooray. This semester has been a booger!!!
After paying tuition since 1990 something, we seem to feel this school stinks. Wow, can we get a refund? Add a good senior year to your prayer list!

Hope I'm not too big of a whiner! I promise to pray for you, too!

"Is anyone among you afflicted? He should pray. Is anyone glad at heart? He should sing praise." James 5:13 - from the true Word of God.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are not a whiner at all...but I feel kind of bad...you seem to be having to handle it all! I am going to try to take some of this load off of you by getting help with the boys so you can have a break. Each day, I pray that God will deliver Christine from her ailments. I know He has a purpose in all this, and that He will work some good from it.
Hugs to all!

Giggi said...

Mindy, you should not feel bad. You are the one handling wayyy too much!!!

Lynn said...

HEY.....you know I love a good whine. As "Maxine" would say, "Do you want some cheese with that whine?" JUST KIDDING. I am a MAJOR whiner and probably taught you all you know about it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. I am going to check out some of my contacts about that hospital in Fl. LOVE YOU bunches.

Unknown said...

Oh, you are NOT a whiner, far from it. Please let us know how we can help. In the meantime we just keeping praying for ALL of you!

Heather's House said...

I love you FaFa...I will be praying for all of you!

Ashley said...

Oh Fafa! I love you and am so sorry that things "stink". You are so strong though.

We will be praying for all of you and Christine to get better!

Love you!

Jenna said...

I'm not sure why Heather and Ashley are calling you "Fa-Fa". I thought your name was "Tha-Tha". Either way, we sure do love you and will be praying for you. Give your family a big kiss from our family.