Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pressing On...

Senior night ~
Mom, take the flower.
Super stressful game!


Jack knows whats fun about a ballgame.

Sam just wants the basketball!

The last week has been quite a roller coaster ride! As you can see, we've spent a lot of time watching Whitney and the Lady Cards play some basketball. Since one of our games last week was postponed because of icy roads, we ended up playing Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Monday night, Tuesday night, & will play our last district game tomorrow night! Whew! We lost to Lubbock by one point! But then we turned around and beat Liberty (who was undefeated in district) by one point. Honestly, I didn't know we had won until I managed to pry one eye open and see our girls jumping up a down! Next, we beat Southwest Christian by four points! We have to play Liberty again tomorrow night. If we win, there will by a three way tie for first place, and if we lose I think we will either be 2nd or 3rd. Either way, that means we will move on to playoffs. It's been way too exciting for me!
While I watch all this excitement unfold, my heart is in Smithville where my mom has been in and out of the hospital a couple of times recently with complications related to her congestive heart failure. I am planning to get down there soon & love on her a little bit. If you're reading this, please say a little prayer for her! I am so thankful for my sister, Lynn who lives nearby & takes such good care of things & assures me I'm where I need to be right now. And for my other sister, Jody who gets a sub for her kindergartner's and heads that way to help out. But still, I just can't wait to get there myself! I could not be more thankful for my family! I am blessed beyond measure from one generation to the next!
To add to the excitement I've been having a few dental problems. The dentist thinks I may be getting TMJ. "Have you been clinching your teeth a lot?" Well, as a matter of fact... maybe just a little! I hope our next exciting adventure is a vacation!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a WEEK! We'll be thinking about the Lady Cardinals tonight. And definitely praying for your Momma! Hope you are able to get down there soon, I know you must feel so torn.

Love you guys. GO CARDS!

Lynn said...

Hey sweet Sissy! I love the pictures. It just seems like yesterday that I was the one of the gym floor with my daughters. So, I am super glad that you are getting share these moments with Whit. Things are rocking along here today and the day shift/night shift JODY is great! We are looking forward to the sweet nurse coming as Daddy puts it! LOVE YOU.

Unknown said...

Can't believe Whitney's Senior year is actually "winding down"! Wow! I am praying daily for your parents, especially your sweet mama, and for you as you are so far away. Love all the photos!
Hugs!

Ashley said...

Lots of eventful things going on in your life!!! A vacation on the horizon would be a great thing! Way to go Whitney; she's done so awesome and although bitter sweet, I'm sure it will be nice to have a little break after b-ball season. I will be praying for your Mom and you too; TMJ is no kind of fun... I've actually had lock-jaw before... kinda takes the fun out of food (ha,ha)!

Emily said...

Hey, Giggi! I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you. I heard that Mindy is sick and Christine is back in the hospital - I know that probably means Giggi-in-overdrive. We're praying that everyone is healthy soon. Hope you're doing well!