Sunday, February 22, 2009

On The Road Again

Pregame -" Oh Say Can You See" -- it's a little blurry but these are our girls!

Whitney warming up.

Giggi's cooking baking helpers - yummy!


Sam can play ball & bake cookies at the same time. So talented.




Fresh out of the bathtub in their super jammies -
Sam loves to yank Jack's cape off & go running! I don't think
he's going to get it this time!


I've covered a few miles since my last post. I finally made it down to Smithville to spend a few days with my mom & dad, and am so thankful that they are doing much better! It was great to see them and all the family down there. I made it back just in time to see Whitney and the Lady Cards win their 2nd playoff game against Trinity Cedar Hill. After a quiet weekend, Matt woke me up around 4 am Monday as he was on his way to take Christine to the ER and was dropping the boys by. She ended up spending the week in the hospital, but got to go home Saturday night. Please keep her in your prayers! I had my sweet little grandsons for the week, and we had a lot of fun. Busy, busy, busy! Their Aunt Emily picked them up for the weekend, and Ray & I headed to San Antonio for the regional playoff game. The Lady Cards beat Brentwood Christian School, and next will play in the state tournament this next weekend. They will play Liberty again (our third match up this year!) on Friday night, and the winner of that game will play in the State Championship game Saturday. Go Lady Cardinals! I'm so proud of our girls, how hard they've worked, how far they've come this season, and the great team spirit and attitude they've shown this year. No one has tried to be the stand out & they have worked together like a team is supposed to, and that's made all the difference. It's been fun, and this weekend it will all wrap up. I'm proud they have made it to the final four no matter what happens next. Go Cards!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

OH EXCITING BASKETBALL DAYS. I remember them well. We are so proud of Whit and hope they just continue to the title. What a way to end a senior year! Not getting much scrapbooking done are ya? Jack and Sam look like great helpers. Give them some fancy paper, scissors and pictures! Love yall.