Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Praying...

I've been so blessed this semester by a ladies Bible study at church called "Live a Praying Life". It really stresses that our prayers have power when they are from the heart of God. There's no manipulating God with a formula, but when our prayers come from His heart we have it right. Wow. Doesn't that seem like common sense, but for 50 years I've just been praying my heart & thoughts thinking that praying was my talking to Him, and reading the Bible was the main way He talks to me. I hadn't really realized that He might have a prayer that He wants to put on my heart. It is a communing thing, and I'm really remedial!!! I've often been guilty of throwing my will out there first, and then saying half-heartedly "If it's Your will". This study has really been a blessing to me, and helped me grow a little more in my understanding of the importance of prayer. I haven't explained it very well, but if your looking for a Bible study to do, check it out. It's always better with a group, but very doable on your own as well.

My prayer list is long at the present. In fact, I'm beginning to feel a little like we are the bullseye of a target. Satan is attacking. Yes, there's a battle going on. But greater is He who is in us then he who is in the world! (I John 4:4) So my prayers are for God to bless & protect His children. I know His children are always on His heart & He never stops working in us, through us & on us! So I'm praying for our sweet Christine, today being two full weeks in the hospital. Yuck. Four white walls, an ipod, a tv & long days of feeling crummy & missing the people she wants to be home with. My precious, precious, precious Mom struggling with heart problems, recovering from a heart attack we didn't even know she had had & going in for a cath on Thursday. Sweet Sharon, who's my favorite "chemo diva" and an inspiration of how to go through trials praising God all the say. I've always looked up to her, and now am truly amazed by her. Rick & Amy and your sweet girls. If you read this, I hope you know I think you're amazing. I love your humor and your faith. The sick list of family, friends, and church family has never been so long . So many struggling in other ways, too. Jobs, finances, family... Life.... You are all on my heart. But more importantly, you are on God's heart. So, if your faith has gone out for a test-drive, hang on. Things are happening that we don't yet see, and in faith we can be certain of what we don't yet see. (Heb. 11:1)

Sorry to be all preachy. Well, I'm really not. But I am praying HARD!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a precious post...and well said. I love how you pray for others all the time and how important that time is for you. I am praying for sweet Nana constantly that God will bless her and the surgeons during her surgery next week. I also pray for your daddy that he will take of himself through all of this. And for you 3 sisters...what a wonderful Christian heritage you have in your parents...that you have passed along to your children and grandchildren. I feel honored to call you all friends! Hugs!