Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Three Cheers For Kyle!!!



"A wise son brings joy to his father" Prov. 10:1


This guy has brought a lot of joy to our family over the past almost 23 years! His birthday will be here in about a week and a half. I can tell you about a jillion reason why we are so proud of him, but last Saturday he made us proud again when he officially became a college graduate! I was honored to be the one to put the hood on him, and walk beside him in my white robe. I sat there behind him looking at what an amazing man he has grown to be. I really think if I was going to give him an award it would have to be for his perseverance. He finished his freshman year extremely sick, and I really don't know how he managed to stick it out to the end but he did. The next fall he went back, but after a few weeks was too sick to stay. He came home for a year & took some classes at TCC. The next semester he & his good friend Shea took a detour to Louisiana College. The next semester he was ready to go back to ACU. This time, with his health much better, he was able to enjoy some of the best time of his life. He worked hard, pledged a club, & made some lifelong friends. He was a hundredth of a point away from being an honor student! What ever happened to rounding up to the next number??? Well, they don't know he was the most honorable student of all! He stuck through thick & thin & got that diploma! As I sit behind him, hoping I would be tall enough to hood him (yes he had to squat down!), I welled up & remembered how hard I tried not to cry when I had to move him home in the middle of that sophomore semester. I wish I could've been able to foresee this graduation day then. God has been good to answer our prayers. I guess that's why we need faith to get through the tough days, & believe what we hope for is on the horizon. Kyle will soon be heading to Germany for a fun vacation with some of his college friends, and then he will spend the summer in Tyler being a youth ministry intern. He plans to go back to grad school in the fall. I know God will continue to use him in a mighty way! I'm so blessed to be his mom!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

So proud of Kyle! I know yall are too!
Hugs - M

Heather's House said...

Oh, that was such a sweet post about baby Kyle! *sniff sniff* I am so proud of him! I can't believe he is old enough to be a college graduate! HA Where did all the time go?

Ask him if I can hide in his luggage and go with him to Germany. Tell him I promise I won't be any trouble and he won't even know I'm there! HA

Love you

jody said...

Oh what a lovely post! I, too, am so proud of Kyle; he's an amazing man. GERMANY? How did I miss that little bit of information? I hope he has a wonderful time...I think the "sisters" should join him. Love you, jojo

Lynn said...

Kyle is certainly an amazing guy and I love him to pieces. He has always made me smile and I love to be around to be around him. Sissy, you did an amazing job at being a mommy! But, how did you get such tall children? LOVE YOU