Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Have No Fear

This is what we found in our pool this morning. Cute...messy... We've tried to run them off. I left a message with animal control. Ray e-mailed the city. For a while I thought they were gone, then I went outside to have my quiet time & there they were enjoying this pretty spring day.
I opened my devotional book, and this was the scripture for the day. Ps. 112:7 "he will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord." This may be a stretch, but I keep asking for & looking for signs that everything will be OK. This has been a rough week for Christine, & her pain just gets worse as the baby grows & stretches that unyielding scar tissue. We are all struggling with fear this week. For her & for Sam. But this verse & this momma duck guarding these little ducklings just felt like a sign to me. They refuse to leave, and I know God is watching over my babies and also refuses to leave us. He knows when it's safe & when the coast is clear! Help us Lord, to trust in your perfect timing. "even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious & compassionate & righteous man" Ps. 112:4

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Great post sissie.....you are so right the time will be right when God says so. I just hate the worst that Christine has to have the pain. That stinks. Now that I am retired there should be plenty of time for sister visits. I promise them too. If you'll have me, I am going to come. Tell Ray I met with some financial planners last night about retirement options and they scared me. It's my money why cant I have it??????? I may meet with another company but I have to make a decision in 2 weeks. I only have 19 school days left and I"m retired......YEAH YEAH YEAH.......I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR BLOGGING.....NO IF WE CAN JUST CONVINCE JOJO...... Love you guys

Unknown said...

Loved sharing this with you last night and getting to see your blog this morning!
I just know that God is giving us time, hour by hour, and that is all we can ask. When I left this morning, they had decided to up the patch dosage and keep her comfortable. She looks so precious in her gown set you got her! Enjoyed our shopping trip to Walgreens!
Hugs!

Brandynn said...

Welcome to blog world! I love the ducks. How many people have ducks take up residence in their pool? And ducks with good taste at that. :o) Maybe their cuteness will overshadow their messyness.

And yes, the visual reminder of how God tends to us and snuggles us is beautiful.

Heather's House said...

I love the ducks...and your post. I'm so glad you are blogging! You are so precious to me, FaFa. I admire you and am praying for you and your family.

Hang in there!

I love you

Heather's House said...

Have you that you have people posted under the photo too? You have about 9 comments girlie! It's time for another.